EMSc (UK) Ltd, manufacturer of the Star® range of energy saving solutions, is proud to announce the launch of its inaugural Leisure and Hospitality Sustainability Conference at the world famous Lords Cricket Ground in London on Wednesday the 13th February 2013.
The free to attend conference, delivered with a plethora of industry expert speakers, is aimed at providing a platform to promote innovation and sustainability within leisure and hospitality as well as to provide the hospitality sector with comprehensive information relating to sustainability issues and ways to improve energy efficiency.
Commenting on the conference – the second in a sector-specific series planned by the company – Nathan Stewart, EMSc (UK) Ltd Market Development Coordinator and organiser of the conference said: “There are enormous opportunities for the leisure and hospitality sector to make energy savings. However, many have yet to take steps to reduce their energy consumption and emissions associated with their operations, with some remaining cautious about implementing energy saving technologies due to the perceived effects these technologies might have on equipment and operating efficiency. We are extremely pleased with the initial demand for the conference, not only from delegates, but from internationally recognised organisations wishing to become involved.”
Dr Mardapittas will be sharing his insights in a presentation on how the implementation of technologies such as voltage optimisation can help organisations achieve energy savings and reduce CO2 emissions.
The conference will also bring together insights and keynote presentations from leaders and professional bodies, including Cineworld, BHA, IHG, Guoman hotels and Stroma Evolution.
Highlighting the reasons for attending, Managing Director of EMSc (UK) Ltd – Dr Mardapittas said: “The conference will include informative case studies, stimulating debate on the future of manufacturing and an opportunity to learn from a number of leading experts. In addition, attendees can network with like-minded companies, enjoy a tour of one of the country’s most unique attractions only months before England defend the Ashes and have an opportunity to win exclusive prizes.”
About EMSc (UK) Ltd
EMSc has been researching, designing and manufacturing the Star® range of energy saving products in the UK for over 10 years. In addition to the market leading Powerstar voltage optimisation solution, the company also manufactures Airstar and Hotelstar, products that allow public and private sector organisations to reduce their energy costs, as well as reduce carbon emissions. The company is accredited with the Made in Sheffield accolade in acknowledgement of the quality of its manufacturing process, its expansion into international markets, and the overall success of Powerstar, which is exported to countries including Cyprus, Australia, UAE, South Africa, Greece, Malta, Bahrain and Spain. The company has been awarded with ISO9001 and are an NICEIC approved contractor.
• 2011 – Winner Innovation of the Year Award Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Awards
• 2010 – Winner of the Yorkshire Forward Innovator/10: Innovation in Action Award
• 2006 – Winner of the CARE4AIR AWARD
• 2006 & 2004 SMART Award for Innovation
• Can save an average of 12-15% (up to 26.1% savings recorded) of electricity consumption.
• Is fully designed and manufactured in the UK. All Powerstar components, including even minor items such as the paint, are sourced from UK manufacturers. The Powerstar design and any associated software are designed by EMSc UK Limited.
• Requires no maintenance and has a 15 year warranty.
• Comes with guaranteed savings.
• Will improve the life expectancy of electrical equipment.
• Will improve the power quality (reduce harmonics and improve the power factor).
• Has the highest efficiency and provides better savings than any other voltage optimisation system sold in the UK (on the same load and same voltage reduction).
This has been proven in independent tests by the electricity supplier RWE npower.
RWE npower commented: We did a trial with Powerstar and one other supplier. Powerstar showed a larger overall saving compared to the other supplier. In addition, it improved the power quality more. Powerstar was the better system in all aspects, including the technical design and capabilities.
Powerstar® is the registered trademark of EMSc (UK) Ltd.