EMSc(UK) Ltd, manufacturer of the multi award winning, market leading Powerstar voltage optimisation system, is pleased to announce it has signed a new distribution agreement with the Hamburg based company 67rockwell, in Germany.
A well known distributor of technology products, with a strong market presence and customer base throughout the region, 67rockwell will be distributing Powerstar voltage optimisation systems in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The agreement will further strengthen Powerstar’s international presence into three new markets.
The partnership is excellent news for German, Swiss and Austrian companies.
In Germany for example, where voltage levels and energy prices are particularly high – around 13 cents for every KwH used – companies will now be able to work with a dedicated, local voltage optimisation provider. In turn, 67rockwell will be able to deliver a recognised, reputable and reliable energy saving technology to companies that wish to reduce their energy costs by installing a voltage optimisation system.
Throughout Europe voltage levels have been harmonised at 230V, with electricity suppliers able to deliver voltage at +6%/-10% of this figure, resulting in many sites being provided with higher levels of voltage than actually required, this generates a need for companies to systematically optimise the on-site site voltage through technologies such as Powerstar..
With an average payback period of just 3-5 years, Powerstar provides expected savings of 12%-15% in energy consumption and delivers significant reductions in CO2 emissions and electricity costs. The multi award-winning solution, which is the only voltage optimisation unit in the world to be granted a patent for its design, has been entirely designed and manufactured in the EU for over ten years.
Powerstar is available in a range of solutions including intelligent, electronic-variable optimisation (Powerstar MAX) and fixed optimisation (Powerstar).
In recognition of the continued global success of Powerstar across a number of international markets, including Cyprus, Spain, Malta, Greece, South Africa, Australia and the United Arab Emirates, EMSc (UK) Ltd also recently won the UK Trade & Investment (UKT&I) ‘Exporter of the Year 2013 ’ award.
Paul North, EMSc (UK) Ltd’s international business development manager commenting on the new agreement said: “Our partnership with 67rockwell will provide us with an excellent
opportunity to expand our international footprint and a forge strong foothold in three new markets. Our research shows that there are many organisations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland that can benefit from reducing the voltage used at their respective premises by installing a product like Powerstar or Powerstar MAX.”
The Powerstar voltage optimisation systems, are manufactured by EMSc (UK) Ltd from a state of the art facility in Sheffield, UK. Powerstar has been installed into landmark sites including Palace of Westminster, London City Hall, Western Australian Parliament and the Welsh Assembly, along with organisations such as ASDA supermarkets, Hilton Hotels and the NHS.
About EMSc UK
EMS is renowned for designing and manufacturing the Star® range of energy saving products. In addition to the market leading Powerstar voltage optimisation solution, the company also manufactures Airstar and Hotelstar, products that allow companies, organisations and hotels to reduce their energy costs as well as reduce their carbon emissions.
- 2011 – Winner Innovation of the Year Award Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Awards
- 2010 – Winner of the Yorkshire Forward Innovator/10: Innovation in Action Award
- 2006 – Winner of the CARE4AIR AWARD
- 2006 & 2004 SMART Award for Innovation
- Can save an average of 12-15% (up to 26.1% savings recorded) of electricity consumption.
- Is fully designed and manufactured in the UK. All Powerstar components, including even minor items such as the paint, are sourced from UK manufacturers. The Powerstar design and any associated software are designed by EMSc UK Limited.
- Requires no maintenance and has a 15 year warranty.
- Comes with guaranteed savings.
- Will improve the life expectancy of electrical equipment.
- Will improve the power quality (reduce harmonics and improve the power factor).
- Has the highest efficiency and provides better savings than any other voltage optimisation system sold in the UK (on the same load and same voltage reduction).
- This has been proven in independent tests by the electricity supplier RWE npower.
- RWE npower commented: We did a trial with Powerstar and one other supplier. Powerstar showed a larger overall saving compared to the other supplier. In addition, it improved the power quality more. Powerstar was the better system in all aspects, including the technical design and capabilities.
Powerstar® is the registered trademark of EMSc (UK) Ltd.