EMSc (Australia) PtyLtd, the Australian-based subsidiary of UK-based EMSc, has established a new office in Melbourne to meet the growing demand for its market-leading Powerstar voltage optimisation system in Australia.
The decision has been made due to the overwhelming success Powerstar has achieved in Australia over the past few years through direct and indirect representation. Powerstar is a unique triple wound voltage optimisation system that systematically reduces a sites voltage and cleans the supply to reduce electricity consumption and improve a company’s carbon footprint.
Offering both electronic-dynamic (MAX) and fixed optimisation solutions. Powerstar is the only voltage optimisation system in the world with a patent on its design, and offers clients guaranteed savings and average payback periods of just 3-5 years.
As part of its expansion strategy, the company is looking at establishing partnerships with a number of energy consultants and third party distributors to help promote and sell Powerstar. The company will be exhibiting at the All-Energy Australia event from 9-10 October.
Heading up the Australian operation is Sam Czyczelis, who was previously with Swire Cold Storage in Laverton, Melbourne, which utilises a 1000kVA Powerstar unit to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions. Arthur Savidis has been appointed sales engineer and will oversee Powerstar’s installations into premises such as government buildings, education facilities, hotels, cold storage/refrigeration sites, manufacturers, retailers and supermarkets.
Speaking of the decision to launch an Australian office, Paul North, international business development manager for the EMSc Group, which is headquartered in Sheffield, UK, said, “Powerstar has truly established itself as a market leader in voltage optimisation. Systems have been installed globally for over a decade and boast 100 per cent reliability with no failures and average savings of 12-15 per cent in electricity consumption. In Australia we boast well known companies including Coles Supermarkets, Coles Express, numerous councils and many other small and large power users amongst our client base.
“To continue developing market opportunities in the region we are keen to formalise relationships with local consultants, distributors and installation partners,” added Mr North.
Powerstar has been fully designed and manufactured in the UK for over 10 years and the system has been granted the renowned Made In Sheffield accolade in acknowledgement of the manufacturing quality. Along with Australia, Powerstar is exported to around 20 countries including South Africa, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Spain and Poland.
About EMSc UK
EMS is renowned for designing and manufacturing the Star® range of energy saving products. In addition to the market leading Powerstar
voltage optimisation solution, the company also manufactures Airstar and Hotelstar, products that allow companies, organisations and hotels to reduce their energy costs as well as reduce their carbon emissions
- 2011 – Winner Innovation of the Year Award Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Awards
- 2010 – Winner of the Yorkshire Forward Innovator/10: Innovation in Action Award
- 2006 – Winner of the CARE4AIR AWARD
- 2006 & 2004 SMART Award for Innovation
- Can save an average of 12-15% (up to 26.1% savings recorded) of electricity consumption
- Is fully designed and manufactured in the UK. All Powerstar components, including even minor items such as the paint, are sourced from UK manufacturers. The Powerstar design and any associated software are designed by EMSc UK Limited.
- Requires no maintenance and has a 15 year warranty.
- Comes with guaranteed savings.
- Will improve the life expectancy of electrical equipment.
- Will improve the power quality (reduce harmonics and improve the power factor).
- Has the highest efficiency and provides better savings than any other voltage optimisation system sold in the UK (on the same load and same voltage reduction).
This has been proven in independent tests by the electricity supplier RWE npower.
RWE npower commented: We did a trial with Powerstar and one other supplier. Powerstar showed a larger overall saving compared to the other supplier. In addition, it improved the power quality more. Powerstar was the better system in all aspects, including the technical design and capabilities.
Powerstar® is the registered trademark of EMSc (UK) Ltd.