Powerstar, the market leading voltage optimisation system, has been successfully installed in over 400 Whitbread hotels and restaurants. The only voltage optimisation system in the world with a granted patent, Powerstar is saving energy for many of the FTSE 100 leading companies.
Whitbread, with much loved brands including, Costa Coffee, Premier Inn and Beefeater is committed to saving energy and reducing carbon emissions across it’s property portfolio, as part of the company’s Corporate Responsibility Programme called “Good Together”.
Working closely in partnership with Whitbread’s energy managers over the past four years, Powerstar’s expert engineers developed a thorough understanding of the company’s energy consumption profiles and key carbon savings aims and objectives. This subsequently led to Powerstar’s acclaimed optimisation project led approach being implemented at over 400 Whitbread sites, ensuring that energy surveys and installations caused minimum disruption to Whitbread’s guests and the day-to-day business operations.
The system has proved to be a no maintenance solution with a payback period that meets Whitbread’s investment expectations. Average kWh savings achieved across all measured sites is over 12% in electricity based on consumption before the voltage optimisation unit installations, saving thousands of pounds in energy costs and contributing to a significant carbon emission reduction for the company.
Commenting on reaching this significant milestone with Whitbread, Dr. Alex Mardapittas managing director of Powerstar said, “We are an engineering company designing engineering solutions for all our customers. We have installed systems for many internationally renowned hospitality companies across the UK and we are particularly proud to have successfully installed 400 tailored systems for Whitbread.”
Chris George, head of energy and environment at Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants said, “We’re serious about sustainability at Whitbread because we know it’s the right thing to do for the environment and it’s what our customers and our teams want. Our vision is to lead the hospitality industry to become more sustainable and we want to work with suppliers who share these values, have strong environment policies and can help us reduce our environmental impact.”
George added, “We are delighted with the energy saving performance of the Powerstar voltage optimisation systems that support our on going achievements in reducing carbon, water and waste under our ‘Good Together’ programme. We found Powerstar to be both professional and proactive in their approach and awareness of the installation requirements during busy business operational hours”
Established for over 13 years, Powerstar has remained true to its philosophy and continues to carry out all its research and development, as well as sourcing and manufacturing in the UK.
- Powerstar is a voltage optimisation system that is designed and manufactured by EMSc (UK) Ltd, Powerstar is an electrical energy saving solution for commercial buildings that works to reduce energy consumption, lower electricity bills and reduce a company’s impact on the environment. Powerstar:
- Has been manufactured in the UK by EMSc (UK) Ltd for over 13 years
- Is the only voltage optimisation system in the world to be granted a patent on its design
- Range includes Powerstar HV MAX (HV side optimisation) and Powerstar (LV side fixed optimisation) as well as Powerstar MAX (LV side electronic-dynamic optimisation)
- Has been installed successfully worldwide – Landmark installations include: Palace of Westminster, London City Hall, House of Keys and Western Parliament Australia
- Clients include: ASDA, NHS, Cineworld, Co-Operative Group, Hilton Hotels, Sheffield Hallam University, Transport for London, Premier Inn, Cabinet Office, AESSEAL, Merseyside Police, Sandvik, Punch Taverns, Beefeater Grill, Holiday Inn, Mothercare, University of Surrey, London Fire Brigade and Sheffield City Council
- Range is fully designed and manufactured in the UK, by Sheffield based EMSc (UK) Ltd
- Systems reduce electricity consumption, delivering savings on electricity bills through the reduction and cleaning of the incoming power supply, at the same time also reducing CO2 emissions
- Has recorded savings of up to 26.1% on electricity consumption (Guoman Thistle Hotel – London), average expected savings from installation of a Powerstar system are 12%-15%
- Comes with guaranteed savings, 15 years warranty (10 outside the UK) and an expected 50 year lifespan