Market leading voltage optimisation manufacturer Powerstar, is pleased to announce it has expanded its operation into the United States by signing distribution agreements with East Coast based Intelligent Sustainable Solutions (ISS) and EnTel.
The distribution agreements mark a new era for the company, as it extends its brand presence into one of the largest markets in the world.
As winner of a UK Trade and Investment Exporter of the year award 2013, Powerstar has earmarked the US, as a target growth market.
Lead by Sean O’Reilly, ISS focus on delivering products and services that save energy and minimise operating costs, while simultaneously protecting the environment. The company’s unique experience in managing energy saving initiatives across multi-site facilities allows for accurate and rapid implementation in order to capture and quantify projected energy saving initiatives.
Maryland company EnTel, headed by Michael Hunter, is a leader in utility management systems as well as energy optimisation services, and provides a range of third-party solutions. The company has established relationships with corporate partners throughout the energy industry including utilities, engineering companies, facility-management organisations and consultant groups. All market their services to the commercial, education, multi-family and government markets. EnTel will focus on bringing Powerstar to the leisure & hospitality market.
The commercial market for voltage optimisation in the US is largely untapped. There are over five million commercial buildings that have no form of building automation or energy management system. The vast majority of these buildings are under professional management, providing a ‘channel’ in which to sell voltage optimisation.
Dr. Alex Mardapittas, managing director of Powerstar commented, “Currently 15% of our business is international and we are looking to grow this with our expansion into North America. Initially we will be focusing our attention on several key sectors and regions of the US. On the East Coast for example, energy costs are in some cases more than five times higher than other areas.”
Dr. Mardapittas added, “We are looking forward to developing what promises to be some exciting opportunities together with Sean and Michael. Both hold the same values of customer care, product excellence and entrepreneurial drive that have been at the core of Powerstar’s success in the UK and Europe. Their skills and experience, particularly in the market sectors we are targeting, will help us build a stronger international company.”
Powerstar voltage optimisation systems, have been designed and manufactured in the UK for over 13 years and are the only systems in the world to be granted a patent on their design. Powerstar boasts 100% reliability with no recorded failures across thousands of installations globally, offering a secure, proven and reliable solution for businesses in the US.
Powerstar is an electrical energy saving solution for commercial buildings that works to reduce energy consumption, lower electricity bills and reduce a company’s impact on the environment. Powerstar:
- Has been manufactured in the UK by EMSc (UK) Ltd for over 13 years
- Is the only voltage optimisation system in the world to be granted a patent on its design
- Range includes Powerstar HV MAX (HV side optimisation) and Powerstar (LV side fixed optimisation) as well as Powerstar MAX (LV side electronic-dynamic optimisation)
- Has been installed successfully worldwide – Landmark installations include: Palace of Westminster, London City Hall, House of Keys and Western Parliament Australia
- Clients include: ASDA, NHS, Cineworld, Co-Operative Group, Hilton Hotels, Sheffield Hallam University, Transport for London, Premier Inn, Cabinet Office, AESSEAL, Merseyside Police, Sandvik, Punch Taverns, Beefeater Grill, Holiday Inn, Mothercare, University of Surrey, London Fire Brigade and Sheffield City Council
- Systems in the range are fully designed and manufactured in the UK, by Sheffield based EMSc (UK) Ltd
- Systems reduce electricity consumption, delivering savings on electricity bills through the reduction and cleaning of the incoming power supply, at the same time also reducing CO2 emissions
- Has recorded savings of up to 26.1% on electricity consumption (Guoman Thistle Hotel – London), average expected savings from installation of a Powerstar system are 12%-15%
- Comes with guaranteed savings, 15 years warranty (10 outside the UK) and an expected 50 year lifespan
About EMSc (UK) Ltd:
EMSc (UK) Ltd, based in Sheffield, UK, is an energy solutions manufacturer renowned for the design and manufacture of the Star range of energy saving technologies, including flagship solution – the Powerstar voltage optimisation system.
Along with a UK head office, EMSc (UK) Ltd has offices in Australia and Cyprus that serve regional business operations and that work alongside a network of local distribution partners, who in turn work globally to bring the company’s award winning technologies to market.
The company has been honoured with many prestigious awards and accolades:
- Quality Assurance ISO9001 and Environmental ISO4001 accredited
- Awarded with the Made In Sheffield mark of manufacturing excellence
- NICEIC approved contractor
- Safecontractor approved
- 2013 – Winner of the UKT&I exporter of the year award
- 2012 – Winner of the PWC Private Business Award for Yorkshire
- 2011 – Winner of the Yorkshire Post Business in Excellence Innovation Award
- 2010 – Winner of the Yorkshire Forward Innovator/10: Innovation in Action Award
- 2006 – Winner of the CARE4AIR AWARD
- 2006 & 2004 SMART Award for Innovation