Powerstar has again emphasised its position as the global market leader for voltage optimisation having successfully delivered savings of 14.1% in electricity and over 203 tonnes of carbon emissions a year for manufacturing company Olam International.
A leading agri-business, Olam International, which operates in 65 countries and supplies raw materials to over 13,600 customers worldwide, installed a Powerstar system at its facility in Goole, Lincolnshire.
As part of Olam International’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the company actively seeks to identify and implement energy saving solutions as it endeavours to contribute positively to social wellbeing whilst also managing its impact on the environment.
Having identified Powerstar to be one of the most effective products available on the market, when considered against other viable alternatives, Olam International chose to install Powerstar to assist in reducing carbon emissions and electricity consumption. On installation Powerstar guaranteed savings of at least 8.7% but has in fact delivered nearly double.
Andrew Cowling, site engineer at Olam International said, “Meeting with Powerstar we found them to be excellent in collating comprehensive information from site surveys and providing a thorough proposal on what savings we could make through voltage optimisation, as well as how we could meet our CO2 targets”.
Mr. Cowling added, “Carbon and electrical savings have been fantastic, much higher than the savings initially guaranteed by Powerstar. The installation process was also quick with minimal disruption to our operations.”
Voltage optimisation is one of three technologies identified, together with LED lighting and Variable Speed Drives (VSDs), that have been proven to provide the highest energy savings and payback, as identified in high profile reports prepared by the NHS Sustainable Development Unit and St Georges University.
Established for over 13 years, Powerstar has remained true to its philosophy and continues to carry out all its research and development, as well as sourcing and manufacturing in the UK. Powerstar is the only voltage optimisation product in the world with a granted patent.
Powerstar is a voltage optimisation system that is designed and manufactured by EMSc (UK) Ltd, Powerstar is an electrical energy saving solution for commercial buildings that works to reduce energy consumption, lower electricity bills and reduce a company’s impact on the environment. Powerstar:
- Has been manufactured in the UK by EMSc (UK) Ltd for over 13 years
- Is the only voltage optimisation system in the world to be granted a patent on its design
- Range includes Powerstar HV MAX (HV side optimisation) and Powerstar (LV side fixed optimisation) as well as Powerstar MAX (LV side electronic-dynamic optimisation)
- Has been installed successfully worldwide – Landmark installations include: Palace of Westminster, London City Hall, House of Keys and Western Parliament Australia
- Clients include: ASDA, NHS, Cineworld, Co-Operative Group, Hilton Hotels, Sheffield Hallam University, Transport for London, Premier Inn, Cabinet Office, AESSEAL, Merseyside Police, Sandvik, Punch Taverns, Beefeater Grill, Holiday Inn, Mothercare, University of Surrey, London Fire Brigade and Sheffield City Council
- Range is fully designed and manufactured in the UK, by Sheffield based EMSc (UK) Ltd
- Systems reduce electricity consumption, delivering savings on electricity bills through the reduction and cleaning of the incoming power supply, at the same time also reducing CO2 emissions
- Has recorded savings of up to 26.1% on electricity consumption (Guoman Thistle Hotel – London), average expected savings from installation of a Powerstar system are 12%-15%
- Comes with guaranteed savings, 15 years warranty (10 outside the UK) and an expected 50 year lifespan
About EMSc (UK) Ltd:
EMSc (UK) Ltd, based in Sheffield, UK, is an energy solutions manufacturer renowned for the design and manufacture of the Star range of energy saving technologies, including flagship solution – Powerstar voltage optimisation systems.
Along with a UK head office, EMSc (UK) Ltd has offices in Australia and Cyprus. Together they serve regional business operations and work alongside a network of local distribution partners, who in turn work globally to bring the company’s award winning technologies to market. The company has been honoured with many prestigious awards and accolades:
- Quality Assurance ISO9001 and Environmental ISO4001 accredited
- Awarded with the Made In Sheffield mark of manufacturing excellence
- NICEIC approved contractor
- Safecontractor approved
- 2013 – Winner of the UKT&I exporter of the year award
- 2012 – Winner of the PWC Private Business Award for Yorkshire
- 2011 – Winner of the Yorkshire Post Business in Excellence Innovation Award
- 2010 – Winner of the Yorkshire Forward Innovator/10: Innovation in Action Award
- 2006 – Winner of the CARE4AIR AWARD
- 2006 & 2004 SMART Award for Innovation
Powerstar® is the registered trademark of EMSc (UK) Ltd.