In line with Weir Minerals’ commitment to continually reduce total cost of ownership of its equipment, the company is launching the 2nd generation of the Warman® WGR® pump.
Weir Minerals unveiled the 2nd generation of the WGR® slurry pump at an official launch day on Wednesday 11th October at its plant in Yateley, Hampshire, United Kingdom.
The 2nd generation WGR® pump boasts several innovative features including fully replaceable liners designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation that provide a significantly improved performance over the first generation WGR® pump. The liners and impeller are manufactured from premium Linatex® rubber and housed within robust casing halves. Enhancements to the casing design simplify maintenance and minimise downtime. Other new features include the introduction of an expeller gland seal for optimum performance, as well the option of having a low flow packed gland and the unique D gland seal.
The rugged design of the WGR® pump makes it ideal for use in the production of sand and aggregates, as well as other applications within mineral processing, coal preparation and power sectors and general industrial applications.
Available in seven different sizes, from 35mm to 250mm, the Warman® WGR® pump includes:
- Wear components that are optimised using the latest technology;
- Impeller and volute liners designed to reduce turbulence and deliver longer wear life;
- High capacity bearings to withstand high loads;
- Large diameter expeller seal to protect against high inlet pressures;
- Replaceable premium Linatex® rubber liners;
- Simplified wet end design with fewer parts for ease of maintenance;
- Lifting points added to aid safe handling of heavy castings;
- Axial impeller adjustment to maintain the gap to the throatbush, reducing recirculation wear.
Harvinder Bhabra, Weir Minerals Europe’s Senior Product Manager for Pumps, said: “We have used the very latest technology to produce a pump solution that will be a leader in its class.
“Slurry pumps are central to modern extraction processes so must be reliable and cost-effective. Our 2nd generation Warman® WGR® pump combines exceptional performance, reduced downtime with added safety features and a lower cost of operation.”
The improved Warman® WGR® pump will be released to the European market in October and launched worldwide later in the year.